Accessing and about our website and your rights
When accessing, browsing or viewing the Australasian Council of Deans of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (DASSH) website you accept and acknowledge that it contains material or information that is the subject of copyright or other legal rights.
The material and information on our website comes from a number of sources including our Board and Secretariat and from third parties who have given permission for the use of their material or it is material obtained under licence. Accordingly, material and information are available and published on our website and may:
- be accessed, viewed and reproduced for the purposes of non-commercial educational or research uses provided that you agree and acknowledge that copyright and any other intellectual property rights are retained by DASSH and a copyright notice will appear on each page reproduced;
- not be used or distributed for any public or commercial purpose; and
- not be used or reproduced such that it breaches copyright or any other legal right of DASSH or licensors including by amendment, adaptation or translation into any other form, dimension or media.
You should also be aware that DASSH has used reasonable endeavours or may have relied on other parties for the material and information on this site. We give no warranty or guarantee that the material, information or publication accessed and viewed on our website is accurate, complete, current, or fit for any use whatsoever. No reliance should be made by a user of any material, information or publication and you are advised to make your own assessment before its use.
DASSH does not accept any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered as a result of direct or indirect use of any material, publication or information made accessible via this website.
DASSH provides links to professional associations/organisations and information external to DASSH. In providing such links, DASSH does not accept responsibility for, or endorse the content or condition of, any linked site.
DASSH reserves the right to vary the material, information or publication on this website without notice.
When visiting or viewing the Australasian Council of Deans of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (DASSH) website our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information:
- your browser’s internet address;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited;
- the type of browser you are using; and
- the username entered if accessing a restricted site.
DASSH uses this information for statistical purposes and for system administration tasks to maintain this service. DASSH does not attempt to identify individuals as part of our regular business practices however in the unlikely event of an investigation, DASSH, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect the server’s logs.
If at any stage you provide us with your email address either as part of a message or by completing a survey/questionnaire, DASSH will only use your email address for the purpose for which it was provided. We will not subscribe your email address to any third party mailing list without your consent.
External sites that are linked to or from the DASSH website are generally not under our control or responsibility and you are advised to review their privacy statement.
DASSH is subject to the obligations set out in the Commonwealth’s Privacy Act 1988. Personal information may be disclosed under limited circumstances only — where, for example, it is required or authorised by law.
Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
Page authorised by: Australasian Council of Deans of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities Inc.